******LET IT BE KNOWN******

This Blog is based on my opinions, views, and slanted research only, and its primary purpose is to be used as a creative outlet for me, and apparently a means to killing time for you. Note that entries may be false, accurate, insensitive, compassionate, bothersome, hilarious, offensive, poignant, and/or ridiculous.

Ideally I would like feedback from you. Any and all comments and questions on my entries, and on other topics are welcomed and in fact will be responded to.

My goal is to have a daily entry that takes but a short time to read, yet some how stirs up some thoughts and emotions in the readers. Whether it enlightens you or pisses you off is of no concern to me.

Please check back daily...

SIGN UP

Google Groups
Subscribe to According To Avi
Email:
Visit this group

Monday, April 21, 2008

Please leave a message...

After the tone....blah blah blah. We all know how that works. But is there not a more confusing time in your life (except of course the years spent in the 6th - 8th grades) than when you are leaving a message and you aren't sue if you heard the beep?

What do you do? Do you go ahead and leave the message...or do you just wait there in silence, hoping to hear this fucking beep...which of course never comes?

Either way you are screwed.

If you start talking, just to be on the safe side...then u are an asshole. First off, the message will suck. The whole time you are trying to speak you will have this inner monologue screaming at you "Did I hear that beep? I think I did. Is this thing recording? Is it going to catch me in the middle of a sentence?" Needless to say, you will sound like a moron!

If you wait...longing to hear the tone, you run the risk of the message being recorded with no actual words being spoken. Rather, the intended party may hear several noises...all of which are not your intended communication.

This just happened to me. What did I do you may wonder. I was true to form and acted like an asshole. I began speaking....leaving an awkward and incoherent message. I have still not had my call returned. Leaving me to now wonder...did they not get my message or did I sound that absolutely stupid that I don't merit a call back????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both. First, they didn't get your message. Then, when they figured out you left a message, you sounded so absolutely stupid that you don't merit a cal back.

Anonymous said...

One time I left a perfectly professional message and then got confused at the end and screamed Adios! as if I was leaving a message for a friend. I never did get a call back.